So yesterday I had this idea on how to run a background thread using an interceptor, but first I needed to Grok how the castle interceptors worked. I quickly ran into a snag, it looked something like this:
The problem is that the latest version of Rhino.Mocks hasn't internalized the castle dependencies. So the compiler doesn't know whether I'm referring to Castle.Core.Interceptor.IInvocation from the Castle.Core.dll or Castle.Core.Interceptor.IInvocation from Rhino.Mocks.dll.
I'm not sure why this is, so I did a little digging. And found this post... In one of the last comments someone else had this same issue...
I'm not really sure what this meant, so I decided to pull the source from the trunk. In the Rhino.Mocks project there's a file called "ilmerge.exclude" and in it was the interface that I was having trouble resolving (IInvocation). I removed it from the file, and rebuilt a release version. Seems to be working now.... I'm still not sure why this change was made... which makes me feel a bit uneasy.
Try it at your own discretion.